Alright, it was a tough loss for the good guys last night. Going into the game, you knew the Vikings had to play a very mistake-free game in order to win. The Saints are a tough team, and it was going to be close. The turnovers were the key, especially the Thielen fumble, which became a 10 or 14 point swing. Hey, it’s a loss, but the team is still in a good position in the conference. The Bears are slightly ahead, but the Vikings will play the Bears twice, and the Vikings’ schedule gets easier for quite a stretch. Let’s hope they can get some guys healthy, and get ready to make a run through the playoffs. SKOL!
The links will be a bit brief, but I’ll try to update tomorrow. I’m taking a few much-needed days of rest to do some thinking and planning, which means I’m taking a few days to......fish, and hang out with the fam. So, I’ll try to update and add more content when I’m able. If the fish are biting, it may be later in the morning.
Around the DN since our last open thread:
Chris has your post-game wrap-up.
Vikings news from other sources and news from around the rest of the NFL:
NFL.com has a list of players who are attracting trade interest as the deadline approaches.
Catch up on all the week 8 scores and highlights, courtesy of ESPN.
We come to today’s media selection:
I’m most likely fishing as you read this, so let’s play fishin’ by Widespread Panic. Enjoy!
Again, we all know the rules, but in case someone is new:
- No discussion of politics or religion
- No feeding of the trolls
- This isn’t a male version of The View, so leave the gender hatred at the door
- Keep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags, if you must)
- Speaking of which, if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tags
- No pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employer
- If you can’t disagree in a civil manner, feel free to go away
- While navigating the open thread, just assume it’s sarcasm
With that, the beer light is on and the bar is open. Belly up and tie one on. Don’t forget to tip your waitress, and try the knoephla soup