Merry Tuesday, everyone!
Hey, did you all take a minute yesterday to be thankful? I know Mondays come once a week, but they’re worth celebrating every time. If it wasn’t for Fridays and Viking game days, Monday would have a lock on the greatest day of the week award. We’re expecting a few inches of snow here in Bismarck, it feels like it’s going to be an early winter here. That’s good, bring it on. If we aren’t going to get our usual walleye rush this fall, we might as well start getting the lakes froze over so we can start ice fishing. I’ll bird hunt while I wait......impatiently.
Around the DN since our last open thread:
Our market guru is back! Ted’s here with your Stock Market Report: Eagles. I’m not sure about this, but I’m pretty sure the Vikings’ struggles began when Ted went on his vacation. No more vacations until mid-February, sir.
The designers at SotaStickCo have some cool John Randle gear, and it’s all for a good cause.
Eric highlights five game-changing plays from Sunday’s Vikings-Eagles game.
Vikings news from other sources and news from around the rest of the NFL:
At Vikings.com, hear what Mike Zimmer had to say at yesterday’s press conference, watch the highlight reel that Adam Thielen produced on Sunday, and there are interviews, highlights, and more to look through in the media vault.
The Redskins were trounced by the Saints last night on Monday Night Football, from ESPN.
From ESPN, Adrian Peterson suffered a dislocated shoulder last night, but he doesn’t expect the injury to cause him to miss any time.
We come to today’s media selection:
Hey, how’s about a little Metallica? Enjoy, and CRANK IT UP!
Again, we all know the rules, but in case someone is new:
- No discussion of politics or religion
- No feeding of the trolls
- This isn’t a male version of The View, so leave the gender hatred at the door
- Keep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags, if you must)
- Speaking of which, if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tags
- No pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employer
- If you can’t disagree in a civil manner, feel free to go away
- While navigating the open thread, just assume it’s sarcasm
With that, the beer light is on and the bar is open. Belly up and tie one on. Don’t forget to tip your waitress, and try the head cheese.