Happy Thursday, everyone!
Many apologies for missing the past couple open threads, and many thanks to whoever got the fanposts going. If you’ve ever pushed yourself beyond your limits for a couple years, when you do finally decide that it’s time for a break, and you take some time off to relax, you’d be amazed how much you can sleep. I have been in a state of partial coma since Friday...….and it has been wonderful. I did, however, miss posting the thread, and again, I apologize. I doubt it will happen again.
Around the DN since
our last open thread yesterday:
Arif posted NorseCode Podcast Episode 255: When It Rains It Pours.
Eric takes a brief look at Vikings-Lions history.
Chris looks at this year’s predictions by Vikings fans, and how accurate they have been.
Get all the updates on the upcoming matchup with the Lions here.
Vikings news from other sources and news from around the rest of the NFL.
At Vikings.com, catch Coach Zimmer’s Wednesday presser, hear Sheldon Richardson as he was wired for sound against the Saints, and there’s lots more to dig through in the media vault.
The Strib takes a look at Kirk Cousins’ impressive production while under pressure this year.
CBS Sports looks at teams looking to sell as the trade deadline approaches.
The Raiders and 49ers meet tonight, and NFL.com has three things to watch for.
We come to today’s media selection:
In the past few days, I have felt like this guy sounds. This is Steven Wright, and he’s one of the funnier comedians you’ll listen to, so if you haven’t heard him before, give this a listen. Enjoy!
Again, we all know the rules, but in case someone is new:
- No discussion of politics or religion
- No feeding of the trolls
- This isn’t a male version of The View, so leave the gender hatred at the door
- Keep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags, if you must)
- Speaking of which, if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tags
- No pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employer
- If you can’t disagree in a civil manner, feel free to go away
- While navigating the open thread, just assume it’s sarcasm
With that, the beer light is on and the bar is open. Belly up and tie one on. Don’t forget to tip your waitress, and try the knoephla soup