Merry Tuesday, everyone!
The Vikings’ enjoyment of Sunday’s win is short-lived, as their focus is now on Detroit, and Sunday’s match-up in the Motor City. This looks to be a win on paper, but as we are all aware, you never know what could happen in a conference game. They need a win on Sunday in order to maintain control of their playoff destiny, so let’s hope they’re prepared and that they take care of business.
Around the DN since our last open thread:
All facets of the Vikings game were in tune on Sunday, from Lucas Ailport.
Skelly10 looks at Dalvin Cook’s big game on Sunday.
Dalvin Cook talked about the offense with Deion Sanders, shared by Ted.
Eric looks at five game-changing plays from Sunday’s win.
Vikings news from other sources and news from around the rest of the NFL:
Courtney Cronin at ESPN sees Dalvin Cook as being key to the Vikings’ playoff push. I agree, they gotta keep the kid involved, he and Murray are a nice 1-2 punch.
Also from ESPN, Coach Zimmer got a vote of confidence from Zygi Wilf, who said he ‘is very happy’ with the head coach. I sure hope so, Zimmer is perfect for this team, I hope he’s here for a long time.
Catch Coach Zimmer’s Monday presser, see highlights from Sunday’s game on Between the Lines, and there are lots more videos to sift through in the media vault.
We come to today’s media selection:
How ‘bout a little Metallica to get the blood pumping? Enjoy!
Again, we all know the rules, but in case someone is new:
- No discussion of politics or religion
- No feeding of the trolls
- This isn’t a male version of The View, so leave the gender hatred at the door
- Keep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags, if you must)
- Speaking of which, if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tags
- No pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employer
- If you can’t disagree in a civil manner, feel free to go away
- While navigating the open thread, just assume it’s sarcasm
With that, the beer light is on and the bar is open. Belly up and tie one on. Don’t forget to tip your waitress, and try the offense, we just got a new chef