As a part of their trade for backup quarterback Trevor Siemian, the Minnesota Vikings received a 2018 seventh-round draft pick from the Denver Broncos. In exchange, the Vikings sent a 2019 fifth-round pick back to Denver.
That means that the Vikings now have eight selections in the 2018 NFL Draft, two short of the “magic number” that Rick Spielman seems to want to get to every year. Four of those eight picks are in the final two rounds of the draft, but they can still be used for plenty of things.
So, without any further ado, here is the new list of Vikings’ draft picks for this year’s selection meeting.
- Round 1, Pick #30
- Round 2, Pick #30 (#62 overall)
- Round 3, Pick #30 (#94 overall)
- Round 5, Pick #30 (#167 overall)
- Round 6, Pick #30 (#204 overall)
- Round 6, Pick #39 (#213 overall, Compensatory selection)
- Round 6, Pick #44 (#218 overall, Compensatory selection)
- Round 7, Pick #7 (#225 overall, from Denver in Trevor Siemian trade)
Obviously, if the Vikings are involved in any other trades or any other free agent action, we will have it here for you as soon as the news comes down.