Merry Wednesday, everyone!
Man, the week is already half over (or only half started, if you look at it the wrong way). Wait.......sniff sniff......I think.........sniff.........I think I can smell the weekend. It is the weekend! It must be getting close! It smells like.......sniff........fishing.........and........camping. I cannot wait.
Around the DN since our last open thread:
Skelly10 and Chris shared the training camp information that was just released.
Chris has the complete Vikings training camp schedule. We can start making plans.
Vikings news from other sources and news from around the rest of the league:
Twincities,com let us know that there may be traffic problems during Vikings training camp. I say there’ll be traffic problems in Minneapolis whether training camp is happening or not.
Not much out there, but we do have some buzz out of Browns land. A local beat writer reports that Baker Mayfield ‘did not look ready to compete’ for the starting QB spot, per CBS Sports. No details were given as to whether the reporter is a psychologist, or if he has any ability to assess the quarterback’s “readiness”. I assume no, and no.
Frank Schwab at Yahoo Sports claims that investing in a quarterback is something new for the Browns. Frank has apparently been frozen in an ice capsule since Otto Graham retired, because the Browns’ woes at the signal caller position aren’t because they haven’t invested in quarterbacks, I’d say they’ve invested fairly heavily in quarterbacks.
We come to today’s media selection.
Okay, I have some musical suggestions, but the email containing them is on my work computer, which isn’t here, so my apologies. I’ll play one of them next week. For now, here’s some classic Metallica. Enjoy!
Again, we all know the rules, but in case someone is new:
- No discussion of politics or religion
- No feeding of the trolls
- This isn’t a male version of The View, so leave the gender hatred at the door
- Keep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags, if you must
- Speaking of which, if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tags
- No pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employer
- If you can’t disagree in a civil manner, feel free to go away
- While navigating the open thread, just assume anything you read is sarcasm
With that, the beer light is on and the bar is open. Belly up & tie one on. Don’t forget to tip your waitress, & try the tiger meat