Happy Wednesday, everyone!
We’ve made it halfway, just a nice, easy coast into another lovely summer weekend. Hey, kiddo caught his first fish last night!
He followed that up by catching his second and third, I’m pretty sure he’s hooked (pun intended). My plan is to fish every night after work until wintertime. I’m guessing I won’t accomplish that, but you have to set your goals high.
Around the DN since our last open thread:
Chris has another Vikings record to look back on. I remember this one. It wasn’t pretty, but it was a win.
Chris shared a score from that soccer tournament they’re having. Is it over now?
Vikings news from other sources and news from around the rest of the league:
Over at Vikings.com, see Stefon Diggs’ appearance on Good Morning Football, and see Dan Orlovsky from the NFL Network break down game film on Kirk Cousins. Also, they share the MMQB piece that lists Adam Thielen as one of the NFL’s top 10 wide receivers, they have Thielen at number eight.
A dead body was found in a New Jersey home belonging to Giants CB Janoris Jenkins, per CBS Sports. Police have indicated they’ve opened a homicide investigation. It is unknown whether Jenkins was home at the time, one report indicates that he’s been in Florida since the end of minicamp earlier this month.
Jim Kelly was at his annual football camp, despite having had cancer-related surgery just days prior.
We come to today’s media selection:
To celebrate kiddo catching his first fish (well, his first three), let’s play one from the great Robert Earl Keen. This is called Five Pound Bass, enjoy!
Again, we all know the rules, but in case someone is new:
- No discussion of politics or religion
- No feeding of the trolls
- This isn’t a male version of The View, so leave the gender hatred at the door
- Keep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags, if you must
- Speaking of which, if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tags
- No pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employer
- If you can’t disagree in a civil manner, feel free to go away
- While navigating the open thread, just assume anything you read is sarcasm
With that, the beer light is on and the bar is open. Belly up & tie one on. Don’t forget to tip your waitress, & try the head cheese