Happy happy Tuesday, everyone!
Training camp starts exactly one week from today, and we’re all still alive. I think we’re going to make it. An agonizingly long off-season was also a productive one for our beloved purple and gold, and there is every reason for optimism if you’re a (rational) Vikings fan. I am pumped for the 2018 season, even more so than I was last year, and probably more optimistic than I’ve been prior to any season. SKOL!!!!!
Around the DN since our last open thread:
Chris shared a report that suggests Richard Sherman may have been interested in becoming a Viking.
Ted was here! He has a training camp preview where he shares what he likes and what concerns him.
Vegas put out some projections for Kirk Cousins. So what do you think, over or under?
Vikings news from other sources and news from around the league:
From ESPN, Terence Newman joins Shefter’s podcast and talks about why this will likely be his last year, what he still needs to accomplish, and more.
The Steelers once again failed to get a long-term deal done with Le’Veon Bell prior to the franchise tag deadline, per ESPN.
Earl Thomas says that if the Seahawks don’t want him, then they should make a trade happen, per NFL.com.
We come to today’s media selection:
Hey, since I mentioned him just above, let’s play one of the classics by the great Earl Thomas.......Conley.
Again, we all know the rules, but in case someone is new:
- No discussion of politics or religion
- No feeding of the trolls
- This isn’t a male version of The View, so leave the gender hatred at the door
- Keep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags, if you must
- Speaking of which, if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tags
- No pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employer
- If you can’t disagree in a civil manner, feel free to go away
- While navigating the open thread, just assume anything you read is sarcasm
With that, the beer light is on and the bar is open. Belly up & tie one on. Don’t forget to tip your waitress, & try the tiger meat