Merry Monday, everyone!
I apologize for the brevity of this open thread, I’ll try to get on & update if I get some time.
Around the DN since our last open thread:
Chris looks at the upcoming supplemental draft, which may be interesting this year.
James Jones named Randy Moss as the best wide receiver of the last 25 years. Pretty cool that after all these years, James Jones ditches the middle name & you get to see the real him. He really knows a lot about football! You wouldn’t have known it from his days as Darth Vader, he didn’t seem like the type to be into football. He was always so serious & was more into things like ruling the galaxy, kidnapping princesses & choking people from across the room & all that. Glad to see he’s lightened up!
Xavier Rhodes is training with some of his peers from the cornerback industry.
A draft scout thinks Ade Aruna could be the best fit of the Vikings’ 2018 draft class.
Vikings news from other sources and news from around the league:
At Vikings.com, watch Wobby have a chat with Danielle Hunter, see Rick Spielman address the media, see Hunter as he addresses the media, and lots more weekend traffic to sort through in the media vault.
With that, we come to today’s media selection:
When I’ve got nothing, I fall back to my favorites. When I do that, it’s gonna be something like Mozart, Robert Earl Keen, AC/DC, Merle Haggard, or these guys, Widespread Panic. Here they are as they perform Tall Boy. Enjoy!
Again, we all know the rules, but in case someone is new:
- No discussion of politics or religion
- No feeding of the trolls
- This isn’t a male version of The View, so leave the gender hatred at the door
- Keep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags, if you must
- Speaking of which, if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tags
- No pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employer
- If you can’t disagree in a civil manner, feel free to go away
- While navigating the open thread, just assume anything you read is sarcasm
With that, the beer light is on and the bar is open. Belly up & tie one on. Don’t forget to tip your waitress, & try the head cheese