Merry Monday, everyone!
The 2018 pre-season has begun, as Vikings training camp had an actual practice, complete with fights and a couple roster moves.
Around the DN since our last open thread:
The team made a couple of minor roster moves.
The Vikings filled the offensive line coach vacancies internally, as Clancy Barone and Andrew Janocko were named as co-offensive line coordinators.
Chris shared the Ian Rapoport report that the team approached Mike Tice for their vacant offensive coordinator position.
In news that doesn’t shock me in the least, Dalvin Cook is impressing everyone early-on in training camp.
Chris has the training camp injury roundup from day one of training camp.
Eric shared his training camp notebook from the team’s first full practice.
From Chris, Mike Priefer has stated that Sherels and Mike Hughes will share return duties.
Mackensie Alexander aims to be a ‘top 5 slot cornerback’, per Chris.
The players wasted no time in logging the first fight of training camp.
Vikings news from other sources and news from around the rest of the league:
From Vikings.com, catch Coach Zimmer’s Saturday media address, see a highlight video from training camp, and there are a ton of other interviews and videos to sift through in the media vault.
NFL.com reported that the AZ Cardinals starting QB job is Sam Bradford’s, unless he loses it.
The Seahawks have given Duane Brown a 3-year extension, reportedly worth $36.5 million, per NFL.com.
At SBNation, they have a recap of everyone who is holding out, and why.
We come to today’s media selection:
Again, we all know the rules, but in case someone is new:
- No discussion of politics or religion
- No feeding of the trolls
- This isn’t a male version of The View, so leave the gender hatred at the door
- Keep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags, if you must
- Speaking of which, if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tags
- No pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employer
- If you can’t disagree in a civil manner, feel free to go away
- While navigating the open thread, just assume anything you read is sarcasm
With that, the beer light is on and the bar is open. Belly up & tie one on. Don’t forget to tip your waitress, & try the pickled northern