This was the type of day of Minnesota Vikings Training Camp that you just have to talk about. So I did with Keith Brake of Bison 1660 in Fargo.
We started with the big news of the day, the re-signing of Stefon Diggs. I was just minutes removed from his press conference in Eagan, and we discussed the new deal and whether it was beneficial for the team and player. (I think it was great for both sides.) We discussed how Diggs has looked with his new quarterback Kirk Cousins and how they’re getting up to speed as a new tandem.
Believe it or not, I had some high praise for Laquon Treadwell! I explained how the former first round pick is finally starting to realize some of his potential and how he has started doing the little things that are making the difference in camp this year.
We finished up with some quick hits on several training camp topics:
- Dalvin Cook looks like he was never injured
- It’s OK to be worried about the offensive line injuries, but it isn’t time to panic yet
- This defense is absolutely STACKED at cornerback, and there are still plenty of backup jobs up for grabs
- Whether or not more extensions are still possible, especially with Anthony Barr
- How I’ll miss Mankato, but I won’t miss the commute compared to Eagan
Listen to the full interview here. It’s a solid 14-minute recap of all the happenings here in Eagan.