Happy Wednesday, everyone!
Wow, August is here already. That means that preseason football will be here before we know it, and then........real football. I can’t describe how excited and optimistic I am for this season. The team has everything in place, now they just have to execute. It’s going to be a fun ride.
Around the DN since our last open thread:
Ted shared the awesome news that the team locked up Stefon Diggs to a five-year contract extension.
During training camp, the one thing you hope for more than anything else is that no one gets injured. If you’re a Viking fan, you specifically hope that an O lineman doesn’t get injured. Well, you can quit hoping for that, because Mike Remmers suffered a leg injury in practice yesterday. No word on the seriousness, but I’m guessing it’s somehow catastrophic.
Eric was a guest on Bison 1660, where he shared some thoughts on the Vikings.
Ted sees the Vikings core group being around for quite a while.
Chris has transcripts from media addresses by various Vikings players and coaches. Here’s one of Mike Zimmer, one of Kirk Cousins, one of John DeFilippo, and finally one from Stefon Diggs press conference.
Vikings news from other sources and news from around the rest of the league:
Over at Vikings.com, watch Stefon Diggs address the media, catch Rick Spielman as he talks with the media, also see Mike Zimmer talk with the media, and there’s lots more to look through in the media vault.
We come to today’s media selection:
Since August has arrived, let’s play one by the band named August. This is called The A**hole Song, and you may have already figured this out from the title, but there’s a little NSFW language in this one.
Again, we all know the rules, but in case someone is new:
- No discussion of politics or religion
- No feeding of the trolls
- This isn’t a male version of The View, so leave the gender hatred at the door
- Keep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags, if you must
- Speaking of which, if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tags
- No pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employer
- If you can’t disagree in a civil manner, feel free to go away
- While navigating the open thread, just assume anything you read is sarcasm
With that, the beer light is on and the bar is open. Belly up & tie one on. Don’t forget to tip your waitress, & try the pickled northern