Merry Monday, everyone!
Well, it’s a post-win-ish Monday. It’s preseason, so wins and losses don’t matter all that much, but what does matter is how the team looked on the field. Some individual players and position groups had some uncertainty going in (the O line, players returning after injury, etc.), and I think the performance we saw on Saturday was very encouraging. There were areas where the team needs to improve, but overall, they exceeded the expectations I had going in to the game. SKOL!
Around the DN since our last open thread:
Chris has the post-game wrap-up from Saturday’s win.
Ted posted the Stock Market Report: Broncos.
Wludford takes a look at Kyle Sloter, whose stock may be rising after Saturday.
Dan Pearsons really don’t care, he’ll tell you why.
Eric looks at five game-changing plays from Saturday’s matchup.
The Daily Norseman NFL Pick ‘Em will be here soon, Chris has the details.
Lucas Ailport gives some insight on RB Roc Thomas. I thought, as I’m sure many of you did, that he was the former lead singer for Matchbox 20, but I guess I was wrong. I don’t see any mention of it in the article.
Vikings news from other sources and news from around the league:
ESPN recaps the biggest injuries from week one of preseason play.
Ben Goessling at the Strib notes Mike Hughes’ solid performance on Saturday,
Jerrick McKinnon’s injury is not serious, per NFL.com.
We come to today’s media selection:
It’s only a preseason win, but it’s still a win. My favorite open thread tradition is playing the Vikings fight song after every victory, so let’s play it for the first time this season, with many more to come. Strike up the band!
Again, we all know the rules, but in case someone is new:
- No discussion of politics or religion
- No feeding of the trolls
- This isn’t a male version of The View, so leave the gender hatred at the door
- Keep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags, if you must
- Speaking of which, if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tags
- No pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employer
- If you can’t disagree in a civil manner, feel free to go away
- While navigating the open thread, just assume anything you read is sarcasm
With that, the beer light is on and the bar is open. Belly up & tie one on. Don’t forget to tip your waitress, & try the lutefisk