Happy Tuesday, everyone!
Hey, sorry for the truncated open thread yesterday. I’m still fighting off this.......whatever I have, and I’m still not firing on all eight. Kiddo has it as well, and he’s seeing his doc tomorrow. She’s a great doc (unlike the one I visited), so I’m guessing she’ll work on finding the cause. I hope so, I don’t want to see him dealing with this garbage for two weeks. Yuck.
Around the DN since our last open thread:
Arif posted Norse Code Podcast 239: Athletic Sports Writers.
The Vikings freed up a few roster spots, one of the players released was kicker Kai Forbath.
Ted brings us to the part where we step back from the ledge.
Chris tells us why he’s excited about the 2018 Vikings.
Eric takes a look at five game-changing plays from the Jaguars game.
Adrian Peterson signed a one-year deal with the Redskins, per Lucas Ailport.
Lucas Ailport wonders if the hurtin’ will ever stop.
Football Outsiders took a look at Kirk Cousins, and how well he fits on the Vikings team.
Vikings news from other sources and news from around the rest of the league:
ESPN looks at the biggest injuries from week two of the NFL preseason.
ESPN has all the scores and highlights from week two of the NFL preseason.
We come to today’s media selection:
Since there seem to be some feelings of panic and angst among some within our fan base, we’ll reach back to the 80s, when Frankie Goes to Hollywood reminds you to......
Again, we all know the rules, but in case someone is new:
- No discussion of politics or religion
- No feeding of the trolls
- This isn’t a male version of The View, so leave the gender hatred at the door
- Keep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags, if you must)
- Speaking of which, if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tags
- No pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employer
- If you can’t disagree in a civil manner, feel free to go away
- While navigating the open thread, just assume it’s sarcasm
With that, the beer light is on and the bar is open. Belly up and tie one on. Don’t forget to tip your waitress, and try the blood sausage