Merry Wednesday, everyone!
Alright, one more day to go and the preseason will come to an end. We’ve been waiting not-so-patiently for the 2018 season for a long time now, and our wait is almost over. It’ll be kinda’ strange to have disagreements over real football games, I’ll kinda’ miss the 100 comment threads over a fabricated scenario that has a 0% chance of ever happening. Meh, no I won’t, bring on the season!
Around the DN since our last open thread:
Saxyprince goes from 90 to 53 with the Vikings roster. I believe those numbers are referring to number of players, not miles per hour.
From Chris, the Daily Norseman Pick ‘Em and Survival Leagues are starting soon, sign up begins this Friday!
Skelly10 shared a report that Kirk Cousins turned down a $90 million offer from the Jets, and signed with the Vikings instead.
Vikings news from other sources and news from around the league:
Over at Vikings.com, catch Coach Zimmer’s Tuesday press conference, hear George Iloka talk to reporters about his hybrid role, and there is other activity to sift through in he media vault.
Mark Craig at the Star-Tribune has a piece on Coach Zimmer’s preference for intellect in his players.
Signed one day, and cut the next; that’s what happened with Robert Ayers as he had an extremely short stint as a Lion, per NFL.com. No report on the reason for the short stay.
You’d think it would be hard to skip with an injured foot. Not for Andrew Luck. He skipped practice yesterday because of his injured foot, per NFL.com.
We come to today’s media selection:
The season’s almost here, ARE YOU READY!??!
Again, we all know the rules, but in case someone is new:
- No discussion of politics or religion
- No feeding of the trolls
- This isn’t a male version of The View, so leave the gender hatred at the door
- Keep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags, if you must)
- Speaking of which, if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tags
- No pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employer
- If you can’t disagree in a civil manner, feel free to go away
- While navigating the open thread, just assume it’s sarcasm
With that, the beer light is on and the bar is open. Belly up and tie one on. Don’t forget to tip your waitress, and try the blood sausage