UPDATE: As of about 10:30 AM Central time, the Vikings have filled nine of the ten spots on their practice squad. Those players are
- WR Jeff Badet (per Chris Tomasson of the St. Paul Pioneer Press)
- WR Chad Beebe (per Darren Wolfson of KSTP)
- LB Reshard Cliett (per Courtney Cronin of ESPN)
- DT Curtis Cothran (per Chris Tomasson)
- LB Garret Dooley (per the Vikings official Twitter account)
- C Cornelius Edison (per the team)
- G Colby Gossett (per Courtney Cronin)
- OT Storm Norton (per Chris Tomasson)
- S Jack Tocho (per the team)
We will continue updating the list as more names come in. Original story follows:
Now that the 53-man roster is set, we can now await the Minnesota Vikings beginning to fill up their 10-man practice squad, as well as make any waiver claims on players that were released that they might be interested in.
Claiming players on waivers for the Vikings might be a little tricky, as they are quite a ways down the waiver priority list. Until after the third week of the 2018 season, the waiver priority list is based on the 2018 draft order, which means that the Vikings are near the bottom at #30. If any of the 29 teams above the Vikings claim a player that they Vikings have claimed, that player would be awarded to them first.
We detailed yesterday some of the particulars of the practice squad so that everyone can get up to speed, so feel free to check that out.
Teams can start signing players to the practice squad at noon Central time, so we should start seeing news rolling in just about any time now. Stay right here and we’ll keep updating you on who the Vikings have added to the practice squad.