Happy Hump Day, everyone!
It’s starting to sink in now, this is going to be a VERY long off-season. I’m going to have to do a WHOLE bunch of ice fishing in the coming weeks if I’m going to maintain my sanity until spring training begins. Stupid offense.
Around the DN since our last open thread:
Wludford continues his evaluations of the team’s coordinators, he analyzed the defensive coordinator position, and also took a look at the special teams coordinator position.
Luft Krigare posted Good Morning Gjallarhorn ep 045 - In The Raw:Entering Purgatory.
Vikings news from other sources and news from around the rest of the NFL:
At Vikings.com, check out the NFL Network crew discussing the Vikings season and future, hear some sounds from the locker room on move out day, and there is much more to sift through in the media vault.
CBS Sports has a tracker where you can keep up on all the latest NFL coaching changes.
Antonio Brown has requested that the Steelers trade him, per CBS Sports. Brown requested the trade, and Jason La Canfora reported that Brown has issues with both Ben Rothlisberger and Mike Tomlin.
We come to today’s media selection:
It’s the off-season, so I can start digging back & listening to some of the good stuff. I love real country music. Here’s one of the best living country singers out there, which is why you won’t hear him on mainstream “country” stations. Here’s Robert Earl Keen, enjoy!
Again, we all know the rules, but in case someone is new:
- No discussion of politics or religion
- No feeding of the trolls
- This isn’t a male version of The View, so leave the gender hatred at the door
- Keep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags, if you must)
- Speaking of which, if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tags
- No pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employer
- If you can’t disagree in a civil manner, feel free to go away
- While navigating the open thread, just assume it’s sarcasm
With that, the beer light is on and the bar is open. Belly up and tie one on. Don’t forget to tip your waitress, and try.........nothing, I suggest having nothing. Just sit here with your beer and be angry, you’ll fit right in.