Happy Monday, everyone!
I’m sitting here watching the end of the AFCCG as I write this, so I’m still unsure who the winner will be (although we all knew who it would be beforehand, didn’t we?). Super Bowl LIII will be held at Mercedes-Benz Stadium (how many of those stadiums are there now?) in Atlanta in just under two weeks, as the Rams will face off against the
Patriots (to be determined). Best of luck to the Rams.
Around the DN since our last open thread:
From Chris, Pete Morelli has announced his retirement from officiating the NFL. About a decade too late, if you ask me. Yes, I’m still bitter.
Aldrick Robinson would like to return to the purple and gold next season.
Vikings news from other sources and news from around the rest of the NFL:
From NBC Sports, the NFL will publicly admit that the refs missed one call in the Saints-Rams game. I’ll withhold comment for the comments section. Needless to say, I’m not shedding tears, it couldn’t have happened to a more deserving team. I actually had a cigar, a fine cigar, and enjoyed it with a smile on my face.
CBS Sports has a recap of the NFC Championship game between the Rams and the Saints.
And it finally ended. From the Sporting News, here’s a recap of the Chiefs-Patriots game.g News,
We come to today’s media selection:
Here’s a little mix that seems appropriate, for some reason. There might be a NSFW word or two in there, I really couldn’t understand some of the gibberish. I just played it for the laughter.
Again, we all know the rules, but in case someone is new:
- No discussion of politics or religion
- No feeding of the trolls
- This isn’t a male version of The View, so leave the gender hatred at the door
- Keep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags, if you must)
- Speaking of which, if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tags
- No pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employer
- If you can’t disagree in a civil manner, feel free to go away
- While navigating the open thread, just assume it’s sarcasm
With that, the beer light is on and the bar is open. Belly up and tie one on. Don’t forget to tip your waitress, and try the GOAT’s milk. The true GOAT is long retired, this one is just a stand-in.