Merry Wednesday, everyone!
Well, Tuesday’s gone (and now I know what I’m playing for the media selection), and I know we were told that we’d have a new offensive coordinator by Tuesday, but I guess they never really said WHICH Tuesday. Maybe they could hire the dude who put together the plan to rip ‘Bama’s D to shreds the other night, sheesh.
Around the DN since our last open thread:
Speaking of offensive coordinators, Kevin Stefanski is getting a second interview with the Cleveland Browns, and rumor has it that he’s one of two finalists for their head coaching position.
Adam Zimmer will serve as the head coach for the East-West Shrine game, per Chris.
From Chris, the Falcons are trying to hire everyone before the Vikings. They’ve locked up two of the coaches who were possibilities for the Vikings OC position, Dirk Koetter and Mike Mularkey. I was kinda looking forward to making bad jokes in reference to Welcome Back Koetter....err......Kotter next season.
Vikings news from other sources and news from around the rest of the NFL:
At Vikings.com, Eric Smith continues his positional series review as he recaps the running back position, and Wobby and Matthew Coller talk about how to revamp the O-line on the latest Wobcast.
ESPN lists the biggest offseason needs for all 32 teams. You’ll never guess what they list as the Vikings’ biggest need.
Bruce Arians’ retirement was more like an extended weekend. The Buccaneers have hired Arians to be their new head coach, per NFL.com.
We come to today’s media selection:
We could dedicate this to Mike Zimmer, who said we’d have our head coach by Tuesday. I really don’t mind, I just wanted an excuse to play Skynyrd.
Again, we all know the rules, but in case someone is new:
- No discussion of politics or religion
- No feeding of the trolls
- This isn’t a male version of The View, so leave the gender hatred at the door
- Keep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags, if you must)
- Speaking of which, if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tags
- No pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employer
- If you can’t disagree in a civil manner, feel free to go away
- While navigating the open thread, just assume it’s sarcasm
With that, the beer light is on and the bar is open. Belly up and tie one on. Don’t forget to tip your waitress, and try the head cheese.