Happy Thirsty Thorsday, everyone!
It’s only a few days away from the Eagles game, and although I’m still going to try to make the trip, my wife and kiddo are smart, and will not be driving through the insane blizzard that has just begun here. You know it’s bad when they’re using feet instead of inches during the forecast. Anyway, I may have two tickets for sale. A couple folks have expressed interest, but no one has bought them yet, so they’re available. Section 140 in the Ultimate Fan Zone, 17 rows off the field. I’ll take Mrs. Fishin’ and Little Fishin’ to the Broncos or Redskins game, hopefully the weather here on Hoth will be a bit more agreeable during one of those games. Stupid weather, I may have to ride a Tauntaun over to Minneapolis.
Around the DN since our last open thread:
GreatOdinsRaven posted E41:Pocket Protectors [Diggs + Giants + Eagles].
Wludford explains why the Vikings division prospects are still good.
Chris gave us an updated injury report, and three Vikings are sitting out.
Other Vikings and NFL news, other sports news, and random oddities and annoyances:
From Reuters, Vontaze Burfict’s suspension has been upheld on appeal, the appeal was affirmed by former LB, Derrick Brooks.
We come to today’s media selection:
Here’s a perfect song to express how I’ll likely feel in February since winter has decided to start much sooner than it ought to. Enjoy!
We all know the rules, but in case someone is new:
- No discussion of politics or religion
- No feeding of the trolls
- Leave the gender hatred at the door
- Keep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags, if you must)
- Speaking of which, if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tags
- No pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employer
- If you can’t disagree in a civil manner, feel free to go away
- While navigating the open thread, just assume it’s sarcasm.
With that, the beer light is on and the bar is open. Belly up & tie one on, don’t tip the cows don’t forget to tip your waitress, and try the snow, there’s plenty of it.