Merry Tuesday, everyone!
The Lions jumped out to an early lead on the Packers last night, but they couldn’t hang on, as the Packers (and their teammates wearing white and black stripes) came from behind and won it with a field goal as time expired. I REALLY wanted to see Krosby miss that kick at the end. The Packers’ game-winning drive was aided by a horrible call on a play where Detroit had just stopped Green Bay on third down, but a phantom penalty was called on Detroit to give Green Bay a first down (SHOCKER! Sound familiar, Vikings fans?).
Around the DN since our last open thread:
Tashawn Bower and
Captain David Morgan are now eligible to return to the team, per Chris. The team has some decisions to make.
From Chris, you can find numerous Vikings connections in the current XFL draft pool.
The Vikings are movin’ on up (ooooh, I just came up with our media selection) as they’re rated as the third-highest in the league, per wludford. The rating is by PFF using their overall team grade scoring system. Salt block, anyone?
Chris takes a look at Zach Brown’s comments from last week, and how Brown got his wish.
Ted dropped in to have his week six Ted Talk.
Other Vikings and NFL news, other sports news, and random oddities and annoyances:
Here are the highlights from last night’s Lions-Packers game, from ESPN.
CBS Sports highlights the bad calls from last night’s game.
We come to today’s media selection:
We all know the rules, but in case someone is new:
- No discussion of politics or religion
- No feeding of the trolls
- Leave the gender hatred at the door
- Keep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags, if you must)
- Speaking of which, if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tags
- No pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employer
- If you can’t disagree in a civil manner, feel free to go away
- While navigating the open thread, just assume it’s sarcasm.
With that, the beer light is on and the bar is open. Belly up & tie one on, don’t tip the cows don’t forget to tip your waitress, and all we have to eat today is moldy cheese, enjoy.