Merry Monday, everyone!
As I write this, Matt Moore is keeping the Chiefs in the game, I’m hoping they can pull it off. The Chiefs will need the win to make up for the loss they’re going to take on Sunday. Kidding aside, Sunday will be the Vikings’ toughest opponent of the season to this point, let’s hope the 10-day rest will help get some guys healed up.
Around the DN since our last open thread:
Chris shared a report that Mahomes has an outside chance of playing on Sunday.
LeSigh. We haven’t had one of these in quite some time. Jayron Kearse was arrested over the weekend, Ted has all the details.
Chris presented the Vikings’ mid-season awards:
- The Most Valuable Player
- Offensive Player of the Year
- Defensive Player of the Year
- Rookie of the Year
Chris also handed out the game ball for Thursday’s win over Washington.
Other Vikings and NFL news, other sports news, and random oddities and annoyances:
Catch up on all the week 8 scores and highlights, courtesy of CBS Sports.
We’re half-way through the season. How many wins do you think the Vikings will have at the end of the regular season?
This poll is closed
12 or 13
10 or 11
8 or 9
7 or fewer (this answer is incorrect)
We come to today’s media selection:
I’ll put this up just in case Rob didn’t play this on Friday. Enjoy!
We all know the rules, but in case someone is new:
- No discussion of politics or religion
- No feeding of the trolls
- Leave the gender hatred at the door
- Keep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags, if you must)
- Speaking of which, if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tags
- No pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employer
- If you can’t disagree in a civil manner, feel free to go away
- While navigating the open thread, just assume it’s sarcasm.
With that, the beer light is on and the bar is open. Belly up & tie one on, don’t tip the cows don’t forget to tip your waitress, and don’t eat the yellow snow.