The only game that matters this weekend in the National Football League doesn’t kick off until after 7:00 PM Central time, but there’s still a lot of other action happening today, so we know what that means.
That’s right, folks. . .for the second time in three weeks, we’ve got us a full-on RED ZONE SUNDAY here at The Daily Norseman. Because the Minnesota Vikings aren’t on until Sunday Night Football, we can just sit back, relax, and enjoy the rest of the NFL action this afternoon. Sounds like a pretty solid idea to me.
Here’s the full slate of NFL games for today, with coverage maps courtesy of the good folks from 506 Sports. FOX has the double-header this week.
Early Games on FOX
- Red: Atlanta Falcons at New Orleans Saints - Kevin Burkhardt, Charles Davis - DirecTV Ch 709
- Blue: New York Giants at New York Jets - Kenny Albert, Ronde Barber - DirecTV Ch 710
- Green: Arizona Cardinals at Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Thom Brennaman, Chris Spielman - DirecTV Ch 711
Late Games on FOX
Red - Carolina Panthers at Green Bay Packers - Joe Buck, Troy Aikman - DirecTV Ch 713
Blue - Los Angeles Rams at Pittsburgh Steelers - Chris Myers, Daryl Johnston - DirecTV Ch 714
Games on CBS (Early Game unless otherwise indicated)
- Blue - Detroit Lions at Chicago Bears - Ian Eagle, Dan Fouts - DirecTV Ch 705
- Yellow - Baltimore Ravens at Cincinnati Bengals - Kevin Harlan, Rich Gannon - DirecTV Ch 706
- Orange - Buffalo Bills at Cleveland Browns - Andrew Catalon, James Lofton - DirecTV Ch 707
- Red - Kansas City Chiefs at Tennessee Titans - Jim Nantz, Tony Romo - DirecTV Ch 708
- Green - Miami Dolphins at Indianapolis Colts (LATE) - Greg Gumbel, Trent Green - DirecTV Ch 712
The Monday Night game for this week should be a good one, as it features the San Francisco 49ers playing host to the Seattle Seahawks.
There are six teams on byes this week. They are the Denver Broncos, Houston Texans, Jacksonville Jaguars, New England Patriots, Philadelphia Eagles, and Washington Redskins.
But, for now, it’s time for Week 10 in the National Football League to get underway. Enjoy the action, and we’ll be here with the discussion threads for the only game that matters and the inactive lists just before 6:00 PM Central.