Merry Tuesday, everyone!
Wow, almost two weeks until a meaningful NFL game, it seems kinda scary. I guess the games played by division rivals will pique the curiosity a bit, but it just isn’t quite the same.
I assume most of you watched the Monday Night Football game last night, and I don’t know if I’m the only one who thought this occured, but that game certainly seemed to be officiated extremely one-sided. There were some blatant penalties committed by the 49ers that the officials ‘missed’, while a few calls against the Seahawks were suspect. I know I’m pretty cynical when it comes to some of these things, so maybe I’m off my rocker a bit, but I sure thought Seattle overcame some very unfriendly officiating to pull that one off.
Around the DN since our last open thread:
Eric looks at five game-changing plays from Vikings-Cowboys.
Ted was here to have his week 10 Ted Talk.
Wludford shared his game notes from Sunday Night’s victory.
Luft Krigare posted Vikings vs. Cowboys - GMG in the Raw.
Other Vikings/NFL news, other sports news, and random oddities and annoyances:
Talk about inflation, have you seen the price on guards? The Eagles have signed guard Brandon Brooks to a 4 year extension with a $56.2 million price tag, from NFL.com.
Here’s the wrap-up from last night’s Seahawks-49ers game, courtesy of NFL.com.
We come to today’s media selection:
Here’s a great one from the Marshall Tucker Band, enjoy!
We all know the rules, but in case someone is new:
- No discussion of politics or religion
- No feeding of the trolls
- Leave the gender hatred at the door
- Keep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags, if you must)
- Speaking of which, if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tags
- No pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employer
- If you can’t disagree in a civil manner, feel free to go away
- While navigating the open thread, just assume it’s sarcasm.
With that, the beer light is on and the bar is open. Belly up & tie one on, don’t tip the cows don’t forget to tip your waitress, and try the Cowboy taters.