Merry Wednesday, everyone!
I hope you’re all enjoying your work week. My week is extra short, today is my first day being at work. We had Monday off, and I was at an event yesterday, so I’m hoping for smooth sailing into the weekend. I cringe to think of the mound of emails that awaits me.
Around the DN since our last open thread:
Chris has the latest Minnesota Vikings Power Rankings Roundup.
Eric takes a brief look at Vikings-Broncos history.
Chris handed out the Vikings game ball for the week ten victory in Dallas.
Other Vikings/NFL news, other sports news, and random oddities and obsessions.
Some missed kicks are SO close, they tear your heart out because you think it’s in until the very end, then they veer slightly and skim just outside of the upright. The 49ers Chase McLaughlin spared fans the heartburn with his game-winning attempt in overtime on Monday, that one missed so badly that it almost hit someone in the tunnel, per the Sporting News.
Voting is underway for the 2020 Pro Bowl, per NFL.com. Vote for Ponder!
We come to today’s media selection:
The Vikings have had some great players over the years, several near the top of the all-time list at their position, including this man. Here’s a Randy Moss highlight reel, enjoy!
We all know the rules, but in case someone is new:
- No discussion of politics or religion
- No feeding of the trolls
- Leave the gender hatred at the door
- Keep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags, if you must)
- Speaking of which, if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tags
- No pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employer
- If you can’t disagree in a civil manner, feel free to go away
- While navigating the open thread, just assume it’s sarcasm.
With that, the beer light is on and the bar is open. Belly up & tie one on, don’t tip the cows don’t forget to tip your waitress, and try the Cowboy taters.