It’s been a long and, to be honest, pretty dull week without any real Minnesota Vikings football to talk about. The good news is that, after today, the long, dark tea time of the bye week will be over with and we’ll have another game to look forward to. For today, however, we have another opportunity to indulge in one of our favorite pastimes when the Vikings aren’t available.
That’s right, it’s another full-on RED ZONE SUNDAY here at The Daily Norseman! We can just sit back and watch football without the stress of whether or not the Vikings are going to play well.
The Thursday Night Football contest for Week 12 is already in the books, with the Houston Texans having defeated the Indianapolis Colts in an AFC South clash. Joining the Vikings on their bye this week, the last week of the 2019 season with any byes, are the Arizona Cardinals, Kansas City Chiefs, and Los Angeles Chargers. FOX has your doubleheader this week, such as it is. (You’ll see what I mean by that in a moment). With that, here are your broadcast maps courtesy of the good folks at 506 Sports.
Games on CBS (all games early window unless noted otherwise)
- Yellow: Denver Broncos at Buffalo Bills - Kevin Harlan, Rich Gannon - DirecTV Ch 705
- Orange: Pittsburgh Steelers at Cincinnati Bengals - Andrew Catalon, James Lofton - DirecTV Ch 706
- Green: Oakland Raiders at New York Jets - Greg Gumbel, Trent Green - DirecTV Ch 707
- Red: Carolina Panthers at New Orleans Saints - Jim Nantz, Tony Romo - DirecTV Ch 708
- Blue: Jacksonville Jaguars at Tennessee Titans (LATE) - Ian Eagle, Dan Fouts - DirecTV Ch 714
Early Games on FOX
- Orange: Miami Dolphins at Cleveland Browns - Chris Myers, Daryl Johnston - DirecTV Ch 709
- Red: Seattle Seahawks at Philadelphia Eagles - Kevin Burkhardt, Charles Davis - DirecTV Ch 710
- Green: Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Atlanta Falcons - Dick Stockton, Mark Schlereth - DirecTV Ch 711
- Blue: New York Giants at Chicago Bears - Thom Brennaman, Chris Spielman - DirecTV Ch 712
- Yellow: Detroit Lions at Washington Redskins - Kenny Albert, Ronde Barber - DirecTV Ch 713
Late Game on FOX
The only game in the late window on FOX will be broadcast nationwide, and it will feature the Dallas Cowboys at the New England Patriots. Joe Buck and Troy Aikman will be calling the action, and it will be on DirecTV Channel 715.
The Sunday Night Football contest will feature the San Francisco 49ers hosting the Green Bay Packers (though I’ll be watching Survivor Series on the WWE Network because, hey, why would I willingly watch the Packers). Monday Night Football will feature the Baltimore Ravens and the Los Angeles Rams live from Los Angeles.
Yes, there are only two games in the late window today, but the early part of the afternoon should be pretty exciting, if nothing else.
Enjoy all of the Sunday football action, ladies and gentlemen, and talk about it here with your fellow Vikings fans!