Mike and Ed take a look around the league, the North Face, and break down a frustrating loss to Kansas City
Around the League
- Dolphins are tanking - or maybe not, iunno
- Steelers are fighting - 8-8 might make AFC wildcard
- Seahawks get about all they can handle from Tampa Bay
- Wow… Browns gotta figure something out
- Ravens prove that the Patriots have had an extremely soft first 8 games
It's what happens when they actually play a competent offense:— Edwin von Brodmarkle (@Nemock7) November 4, 2019
- Also, Lamar Jackson is ridiculous
The North Face
- They all lost
- Raiders win slugfest v Detroit - Raiders also fighting for playoffs
- Bears lose to Eagles - Eagles making a run?
- Chargers SHOCK the Packers… get it… SHOCK
- Green Bay has a lot of talent but small margin of error remaining for them - not nearly as good as their record indicates
- North is still open, but missed opportunity
- 2 team race - Vikings and Packers
Vikings - Kansas City Recap
Complete systematic failure of a loss
- Adam Thielen re aggravated injury - Shut him down til after bye?
- Offensive play-calling was abysmal
- Was Dalvin Cook even in uniform?
- Laquon Treadwell - 3 / 5 - 58 yards, best game as a pro - 90+ PFF grade
- OL was Dominated all day by backups
- Kirk Cousins failed when his number was called - He’s not why we lost, but he had a chance to take us to a win
- Dan Bailey misses XP that proved critical - meant being up by 4 versus 3 late in a battle of FGs
- Shanked punt by Britton Colquitt didn’t help at the end
- Big plays were a problem
- Trae Waynes was TORCHED by Tyreek Hill constantly
- DL dominated point of attack, forcing fumbles and sacks
- OF COURSE Kansas City sets a longest rushing TD record against the Vikings
- I really don’t understand the coverage anymore - it’s a problem
Dallas (SNF) Predictions
- Iunno man - we’ll be in the building at least
- 4 of next 7 are prime time games - Kirk better figure out these big games quickly - Maybe the coaching staff as well?
- My preseason prediction was 11-5 (off-air) losing to KC, and 6-3 at this point in the season… At least we’re on schedule for that
BREAKING NEWS!!! The Daily Norseman and the Climbing The Pocket Network are joining forces to create a one-stop-shop for Vikings podcasts delivered to your eardrums daily. This collection of shows promises to deliver the top independent voices covering the Vikings from every angle.