Happy hump-day, everyone!
This will be brief, it’s late and I’m tired......and old. I will do my best to update with some witty narrative in the morning. Well, I’ll do my best to update with some rambling, somewhat-coherent gibberish, anyway. It’s what you’re used to, so hey, close enough.
Around the DN since our last open thread:
EBrodzy posted Skoldiers - 064 - Less is Moore. I need to listen to one of these podcast things one of these days. Maybe I should create one. Just record myself live while I watch a game. It would be rated R, due to language and random, loud, incoherent outbursts, and terrible dad jokes, of course.
Other Vikings and NFL news, other sports news, and random oddities and annoyances:
ESPN hands out their midseason NFL QB awards.
Finally, an owner who speaks my language. Chargers owner Dean Spanos said a report that the Chargers may relocate to London is ‘Total f***ing b***s***, per ESPN. Aaaaaalrighty, then. Watch, they’ll probably relocate there next year.
Some big names were written onto the IR list yesterday. Well, they were likely typed, I suppose, but anyway. Kwon Alexander, Cam Newton, and DeSean Jackson were all placed on IR in the last couple days. Kwon Alexander will be a big loss for the 49ers, let’s see how much that affects their defense, he was the nucleus of that D.
We come to today’s media selection:
Let’s hear one from one of the greatest guitarists of all-time, here’s Stevie Ray Vaughan with Texas Flood. Enjoy!
We all know the rules, but in case someone is new:
- No discussion of politics or religion
- No feeding of the trolls
- Leave the gender hatred at the door
- Keep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags, if you must)
- Speaking of which, if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tags
- No pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employer
- If you can’t disagree in a civil manner, feel free to go away
- While navigating the open thread, just assume it’s sarcasm.
With that, the beer light is on and the bar is open. Belly up & tie one on, don’t tip the cows don’t forget to tip your waitress, and all we have to eat today is moldy cheese, enjoy.