Mike and Ed breakdown the Wild Card matchup against the Saints
- Adam Thielen and Dalvin Cook will play but not at 100% IMO
- Indoor game and not at primetime
- Run and Pass should both be possible on this leaky injured defense
- HAVE TO START FAST
- Dan Bailey is on fire
- Have all the confidence in the world in him for FGs
- Britton Colquitt will play a big role
- Field position is MASSIVE
- Have to play their best game of the year
- They are clicking right now but it has to be even better
- Eric Kendricks should play
- Will need him to cover Alvin Kamara and Jared Cook
- Cook scares me the most because he’s extremely athletic and has been clicking with Drew Brees of late
- Maybe we’ll see the Xavier Rhodes of old. Michael Thomas should bring out the best in him for a 1on1 matchup
- Try to get pressure - get those hands up
- Tipping the quick passes could lead to TOs
- Make Brees uncomfortable
- He’s old / not nimble / could get jumpy if we can hit him hard early
- Stefanski needs to have his best game ever. The scheme needs to be right - cannot have the Chicago / GB bullshit.
- Zim needs to focus his defense and bring out all the stops. Unique blitzes and trick plays. Leave it all on the field.
- Be ready for anything from Payton. Always be ready for fake punts / kicks.
- They’ve won 6 of their last 7 and are averaging over 36 ppg in those games
- Only loss was 46-48 in the game of the year to SF
- Ran for over 100 in 6 of 7 (95 in the other)
- Kamara having a down season - but gaining confidence at the right time
- Brees playing at elite level - only sacked 12 times
- 8 of those in ATL/LAR losses (0 sacks in SF game)
- Only 4 INTs
- Elite completion percentage at 74.3%
- Michael Thomas - 149 catches - 3rd shallowest catch depth in the NFL
BREAKING NEWS!!! The Daily Norseman and the Climbing The Pocket Network are joining forces to create a one-stop-shop for Vikings podcasts delivered to your eardrums daily. This collection of shows promises to deliver the top independent voices covering the Vikings from every angle.