Happy Tuesday, everyone!
This will be brief, so my apologies, but there is not much for NFL news to speak of, and while talking about nothing is a specialty of mine, my desire to get some rest is slowly overtaking my desire to ramble about nothing while making no sense. It was one of those days, I fell behind at some point very early yesterday, and despite my best efforts, I didn’t make up any ground at any point during the day. So here I am, still behind, and ready for bed. You will get your daily dose of mindless chatter tomorrow, which will be read by very few, and understood by even fewer.
Around the DN since our last open thread:
The early strength of schedule shows a potentially rough road for the Vikings, per Chris. Fortunately, the odds of a strength of schedule being accurate in February are roughly equal with the odds of me winning the PowerBall drawing thingy, and even though I put together some amazing mock PowerBall drawings, I don’t buy PowerBall tickets.
From Chris, PFF named Anthony Harris as one of 2018’s biggest surprises.
Vikings news from elsewhere and news from around the league:
From NFL.com, the Raiders have come to an agreement to play one more season in Oakland before moving to Vegas. The team and the Colisium did not have a contract for 2019, and the new stadium won’t be ready until the 2020 season. Negotiations were likely simplified by the fact that the Coliseum authority can safely schedule other events once the Raiders play the final home game of the regular season, with no concern of a potential post-season game forcing them to reschedule.
We come to today’s media selection:
I dunno, I’ve got nothin’. This one is good, enjoy!
Again, we all know the rules, but in case someone is new:
- No discussion of politics or religion
- No feeding of the trolls
- This isn’t a male version of The View, so leave the gender hatred at the door
- Keep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags, if you must)
- Speaking of which, if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tags
- No pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employer
- If you can’t disagree in a civil manner, feel free to go away
- While navigating the open thread, just assume it’s sarcasm
With that, the beer light is on and the bar is open. Belly up and tie one on. Don’t forget to tip your waitress, and try the spandex.