Since it was founded in 2016, the Mike Zimmer Foundation has done a great deal to help children in the Twin Cities area to pursue their dreams. On Tuesday, it was announced that another opportunity would be forthcoming, and we want to make sure that you know about it.
According to Lindsey Young from the Vikings’ official website, the Mike Zimmer Foundation is now accepting applications for their 2019 MVP Scholarships. The MVP Scholarship is a one-time, $10,000 scholarship, and the Foundation will be giving out two of them.
There are some criteria that your student must meet in order to be eligible for application. They are as follows:
- They must be a senior graduating from a Minnesota high school in 2019.
- They must have a GPA of at least 2.75.
- They must have participated in a varsity sport in high school.
- They must be planning to attend an accredited college, university, or community college.
- They must have participated in an extracurricular activity or served in the community in some way.
You can find the application form here at the Mike Zimmer Foundation’s website. The application includes the form itself, a resume detailing various experiences, and a 500-word essay that answers one of three questions on the form. The application deadline is 15 April, so you don’t necessarily have to do it right this very minute, but don’t let it sit for too long, either.
So, if you have a child that meets all of the criteria above or know one that does, please encourage them to go to the Mike Zimmer Foundation website and fill out the form. With the way college prices are trending today, $10,000 is nothing to sneeze at, and you can’t get it if you don’t apply.