Happy Monday, everyone!
Wow, Donkey Kong really shook up the Twitter-verse on Friday, didn’t he? Hey, if they can pull off the accounting tricks to make everything fit within the salary cap, I have no problem with bringing him in. His much overblown ‘dirty play’ days seem to have given way to a more mature player, and we could use some interior pressure. Teams have focused on shutting down Griffen and Hunter, and used their extra blockers solely on the outside. A good interior pass rusher will garner attention, and allow Griffen and Hunter more one-on-one matchups, and they’ll come out ahead on most one-on-one match-ups.
Around the DN since our last open thread:
Ted updated the latest rumor regarding Anthony Barr that puts the Lions at the front of the pack of suitors for the free-agent linebacker.
From Chris, there are rumors in the air saying Antonio Brown is being traded to Oakland.
Chris posted v4.0 of his Minnesota Vikings Mock Draft.
Ian Rapoport nullified recent rumors, and said that the Vikings have not asked Kyle Rudolph to restructure.
Vikings news from other sources and news from around the rest of the league:
Vikings.com profiles some of the prospects the team may look at drafting. They looked at Alabama safety Delonte Thompson, they make Ted happy by reviewing Ohio State DT Dre’Mont Jones, and they make me happy by looking at WR D.K. Metcalf out of Ole Miss.
From ESPN, the Chiefs released linebacker Justin Houston on Sunday. Houston was due $15.25 million, and the team couldn’t find a trade partner, so Houston is now a free agent.
We come to today’s media selection:
There was some truly horrible music in the mid 90s. This wasn’t one of them. Enjoy!
Again, we all know the rules, but in case someone is new:
- No discussion of politics or religion
- No feeding of the trolls
- This isn’t a male version of The View, so leave the gender hatred at the door
- Keep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags, if you must)
- Speaking of which, if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tags
- No pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employer
- If you can’t disagree in a civil manner, feel free to go away
- While navigating the open thread, just assume it’s sarcasm
With that, the beer light is on and the bar is open. Belly up and tie one on. Don’t forget to tip your waitress, and try the chitlins.