Happy Tuesday, everyone!
The slow countdown to the draft continues, and we wait patiently. Meanwhile, free agents are looking for, and for some, finding new homes for the 2019 season.Sendejo is heading to Philly, Ameer Abdullah re-signed with the team, and alas, the Vikings are officially straight outta’ Compton. Yes, Tom Compton will be signing with the Jets, it’s hard to accept.
Around the DN since our last open thread:
Ted sheds some light on the Vikings offensive line strategy. I knew they had things under control. Andrew Sendejo is to sign with the Eagles
Chris has the MN Vikings Free Agency Tracker, where you can stay up to date with all the Vikings’ activity.
Vikings news from other sources, and news from around the rest of the NFL:
At Vikings.com, Abdullah said he really didn’t want to be anywhere else, other than Minnesota. Well, now he won’t have to be, at least until the team travels, then they’ll probably make him come along.
With the annual meeting only a week away, here is a list of all the NFL rule change proposals for 2019, from the Sporting News.
We come to today’s media selection:
I thought of this episode of Beavis and Butthead when I see what the team is doing to address the O-line. This is called “there’s nothing happening”. Enjoy! Okay, nevermind. Apparently you can’t find those videos anywhere legal, here’s Three Dog Night instead, enjoy!
Again, we all know the rules, but in case someone is new:
- No discussion of politics or religion
- No feeding of the trolls
- This isn’t a male version of The View, so leave the gender hatred at the door
- Keep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags, if you must)
- Speaking of which, if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tags
- No pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employer
- If you can’t disagree in a civil manner, feel free to go away
- While navigating the open thread, just assume it’s sarcasm
With that, the beer light is on and the bar is open. Belly up and tie one on. Don’t forget to tip your waitress, and try the panic and hysteria.