Merry Wednesday, everyone!
Well, this will be pretty brief. News is slow, baseball hasn’t really started (although Buxton is looking pretty good, isn’t he, five?), and my mind is too tired to ramble. I could either make up a bunch of fake stories & try to cause a riot, or just go to bed. I’d love to go with option #1, but I’ll save that for another day.
Around the DN since our last open thread:
The Vikings have re-signed Dan Bailey, per Ted. MarkSP18 will have to find another use for the sixth round picks in his mock drafts.
Chris is maintaining a MN Vikings free agency tracker to keep you up-to-date with all the latest news.
Vikings news from other sources and news from around the rest of the NFL:
ESPN lists the biggest remaining need for each of the 32 NFL teams. Gee, do you think the Vikings’ biggest need will be a position that rhymes with Joe Wineman?
We come to today’s media selection:
Whenever I want to get amped up for football season again, I watch this. I know there is a more recent miracle, and that actually plays right after this one, if you keep watching. It did for me, anyway. Enjoy!
Again, we all know the rules, but in case someone is new:
- No discussion of politics or religion
- No feeding of the trolls
- This isn’t a male version of The View, so leave the gender hatred at the door
- Keep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags, if you must)
- Speaking of which, if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tags
- No pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employer
- If you can’t disagree in a civil manner, feel free to go away
- While navigating the open thread, just assume it’s sarcasm
With that, the beer light is on and the bar is open. Belly up and tie one on. Don’t forget to tip your waitress, and try the panic and hysteria.