Merry Tuesday, everyone!
The weather’s warming up, the birds are starting to appear, snow is melting in Bismarck, and opening day of baseball is just days away. I love this time of year, and after that agonizingly long winter, springtime this year will seem even better. Man, I can’t wait to go shore fishing. Soon, very soon.
Around the DN since our last open thread:
Ted put up game 3 in the Greatest Playoff Win of All Time tournament.
Ted made some adjustments, and he gives you version 6 of his 2019 Vikings mock draft.
Chris has a Vikings Free Agency Tracker where you can keep up with all the latest Vikings free agency activi...........ummm.........well, you can go hang out, anyway.
Vikings news from other sources and news from around the league:
At Vikings.com, Lindsey Young summarizes what will be discussed at the NFL’s annual League Meeting.
From the Sporting News, the Eagles are working toward an extension for Carson Wentz. Also, Tony Romo reportedly wants $10 million a year to stay at CBS, which would be a record. Geez, one year in the booth and he thinks he’s Walter Kronkite.
We come to today’s media selection:
I ran across this while I was surfing through youtube, it made me giggle. Enjoy!
Again, we all know the rules, but in case someone is new:
- No discussion of politics or religion
- No feeding of the trolls
- This isn’t a male version of The View, so leave the gender hatred at the door
- Keep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags, if you must)
- Speaking of which, if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tags
- No pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employer
- If you can’t disagree in a civil manner, feel free to go away
- While navigating the open thread, just assume it’s sarcasm
With that, the beer light is on and the bar is open. Belly up and tie one on. Don’t forget to tip your waitress, and try the sarcasm, it’s our specialty.