Merry Monday, everyone!
Have you started doing your taxes yet? If not, you might want to consider bumping that up a notch or two on your priority list. Do you think tax accountants even allow a new customer to come in today? I wouldn’t. If they’re just getting started today, I would assume that they’re fairly poor at planning, and poor planners, in my experience, oftentimes have an inability to accept that they may have contributed to the predicament they’re in, and they will often place the brunt of the blame on the person who tells them that it may not be possible to perform the impossible task that the poor planner needs to have accomplished in order to get them out of their self-created predicament. This is why I would never attempt to work in a customer service or retail position, I would be terminated within hours...........within minutes, most likely.
Around the DN since our last open thread:
For those who have been asking, Chris informed you that yes, the Game of Thrones threads will be coming.
The Vikings have signed WR Jordan Taylor to a one-year deal.
Chris churned out version 7 of the MN Vikings Mock Draft Database.
Wludford throws out some Vikings draft trade scenarios.
Chris looks at the Vikings’ off-season strategy this year.
I’ll try to add some links in the morning. Sorry, it’s late, I’m tired, and I’ll start rambling on about nothing while mumbling incoherently in a language that doesn’t exist (yet) if I keep typing. Good night, Happy Halloween, and gesundheit.
We come to our media selection:
Hey, I don’t think I got a chance to play this on opening day of baseball season, so here you go.
Again, we all know the rules, but in case someone is new:
- No discussion of politics or religion
- No feeding of the trolls
- This isn’t a male version of The View, so leave the gender hatred at the door
- Keep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags, if you must)
- Speaking of which, if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tags
- No pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employer
- If you can’t disagree in a civil manner, feel free to go away
- While navigating the open thread, just assume it’s sarcasm
With that, the beer light is on and the bar is open. Belly up and tie one on. Don’t forget to tip your waitress, and try the chitlins.