Welcome to the Game of Thrones discussion. This thread there will be a place for people to discuss the most recent episode of Game of Thrones with other fans of the show without the need to clog up the traditional open thread and/or bury the usual threads with spoilers.
Warning! THIS THREAD WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS
I’ll add my thoughts about the current week’s episode, and update with any interesting links I may find throughout the day, don’t expect too much monologing from me though. If you find something related to Game of Thrones, post it. I read the books, but it’s been a while and I’m not so wrapped in the show that I know most of the current fan theories.
Here are my thoughts for the current episode, they’re probably a bit hazy and I may have mis-remembered some details, I’m in the middle of my work cycle and had to watch on DVR after I got home and I’m throwing this together at 1am.
Rob’s thoughts on “The Things We Do For Love”
I thought this was another excellent set up episode by tying all the characters together who are at Winterfell. The interactions between the characters on the show is was what kept me watching this series. Jon and Dany, Sansa and Dany and Tyrion. Grey Worm and Missandei, Arya and Gendry, the list goes on. I know there wasn’t a lot of action in this episode but I enjoyed it for the camaraderie between the actors. Couple of thoughts.
I’m glad Jon told Dany who he really is, whether she accepts it and whether he chooses to remain Jon Snow could be an entire episode.
Dany and Sansa need to talk more, from the start of this series the men were primarily in charge, as the show progressed it’s become more women focused...right Lady Mormont?
All of the characters are imperfect in some way, I’m glad the writers haven’t strayed from that.
Theon Greyjoy has the opportunity to redeem himself, I don’t think he’ll live but I think his name will live on forever.
Now we know why the Night King is going to Winterfell, that’s where Bran is...whatever Bran is now.
I think my favorite scene was around the fireplace when Brianne of Tarth becomes a Knight.
Game of Thrones Season Eight, Episode Two Recap.
Rules for the Game of Thrones thread:
1. If you are not a fan of the show stay out of this thread. If I see non GoT related posts I’ll delete them and don’t post any disparaging comments about how this is a football blog and we shouldn’t have other interests. First and only warning. Gone Fishin has posted the usual Open Thread, go there.
2. You can discuss spoilers, but don’t get mad at people for discussing spoilers if you aren’t caught up
3. Keep the thread civil. we are all adults, people might have differing theories, keep the name calling somewhere else, like not on the Daily Norseman.
4. Stay on topic on this post.
5. Despite being a risque show (bewbs and swords) be smart, don’t post anything NSFW.
Which of the following characters is most likely to be killed in episode 3?
This poll is closed
Brienne of Tarth
someone else, put your answer in the comments