Here is a mock draft on what I think could happen and what I would do.
The Cardinals have the first pick and almost every mock has Murray being taken with that pick. I don’t think they are going to move on from Rosen just yet because they may not be ready. He really did not have much to work with last year and the line was the worst in the league plus the offensive coordinator was fired. I also do not believe they are going to get much in return for him either.
It makes the most sense for them to draft Murray and let him work in Klingsbury’s system. But that system may not be successful in the NFL and they may not want to totally put all their chips in that basket.
The Oakland Raiders trade pick #4, #27 pick, and a 2020 2nd round pick to the Cardinals for the first pick.
1. Oakland Raiders - Kyler Murray QB Oklahoma
The Raiders said they were going to shock the world and I believe this could be the move.They subsequently trade Derek Carr to the Dolphins for their 2019 1st round pick plus a 2020 4th round pick.
2. San Francisco 49ers - Nick Bosa DE Ohio State
This is fairly easy considering Solomon Thomas has not worked out as hoped and is a free agent in 2020.
3. New York Jets - Josh Allen DE/OLB Kentucky
The Jets thought they had Anthony Barr but were deserted at the alter. They have Leonard Williams and gave Henry Anderson a decent extension too. Passing on Quinnen Williams is tough but I don’t see any team trading up to get Williams.
The Cardinals are back on the clock but I think they will move again. Rumor is the Redskins want to get ahead of the Giants. I think the Giants can’t rely on Eli past this season which is his last under contract. The Giants have a boatload of picks too.
The New York Giants trade the #4 pick, #108, and a 2020 3rd round pick to the Cardinals for the #4 pick.
4. New York Giants - Dwayne Haskins QB - Ohio State
This move makes sense for the Giants especially considering they have another 1st round pick.
5. Tampa Bay 49ers - Quinnen Williams DT Alabama
Gerald McCoy has not attended any off season workouts yet, is 31 years old, and is due 13 mil, 10 mil, and 10.4 mil the next 3 years. He could be a trade candidate after this pick.
6. Arizona Cardinals - Jonah Williams OT Alabama
The Cardinals line was the worst last year and they need immediate help. Since they are keeping Rosen, helping him to stand upright would be a good start.
7. Jacksonville Jaguars - TJ Hockenson Iowa
The Jags could use an offensive tackle but there will be some available in the 2nd round. There wont be a tight end like Hockenson available and they need to give Foles some more weapons.
8. Detroit Lions - Devin White LB LSU
I hate to give the Lions a player they really need but this is how it fell and I cant see them passing on White or trading out. Gonna be rough with him and Jarrad Davis.
9. Buffalo Bills - Ed Oliver DT Houston
The Bills have Star Lotulelei on a pretty expensive deal for at least the next two years unless they want to eat dead money. The other tackle is Jordan Phillips who is in the last year of his deal.
The Redskins have to consider a QB this year. They want to get ahead of the Bengals too.
The Washington Redskins trade the #15, #76, and a 2020 4th to the Broncos for the #10 pick.
10. Washington Redskins - Drew Lock QB Missouri
The Redskins have Alex Smith who probably will probably not be ready to start the season, Case Keenum on a one year deal, and Colt McCoy also on a one year deal is recovering from an injury as well and had another procedure on his leg recently.
11. Cincinnati Bengals - Jawaan Taylor OT Florida
I don’t think the Bengals go for Daniel Jones here and really need to get some offensive line help. They need someone opposite Cordy Glenn.
12. Green Bay Packers - Noah Fant TE Iowa
Jimmy Graham is likely in his last year since he has a 11.67 mil cap hit next year at age 33. They also have a 34 year old Marcedes Lewis on a one year deal, so it makes too much sense to snag Fant now because he wont last.
13. Oakland Raiders - Clelin Ferrell DE Clemson
The Raiders need a pass rusher after trading Mack and while Ferrell may never get to Mack’s level he could be solid.
14. Atlanta Falcons - Cody Ford OT Oklahoma
The Falcons did not keep Ryan Schraeder and added Jamon Brown and James Carpenter in free agency. They need to keep Matt Ryan protected.
15. Denver Broncos - Garrett Bradbury OC North Carolina State
Connor McGovern is the current center and is in the last year of his deal.
16. Carolina Panthers - Andre Dillard OT Washington State
The Panthers get lots of calls from teams wanting to move up but after ridding themselves of Matt Kalil they must protect Cam Newton first
17. New York Giants - Brian Burns DE Florida State
The Giants can use more pass rush help after trading Oliver Vernon. Sweat would be a consideration here except his heart condition gives pause especially with Burns still available.
The Vikings could go in many directions here. The top offensive linemen are gone though. Too early for Lindstrom when you look at the board IMO. You have Wilkins, Sweat, Gary, & Simmons still on the board. They could drop down a few spots and still get a good player. But is it worth the risk here? The Titans, Steelers, and especially Seahawks could all take a defensive tackle or end. But Spielman is a gambler so he rolls the dice and trades with the Ravens.
The Houston Texans trade #23 and #86 to the Vikings for #18 and #247.
18. Houston Texans - Dalton Risner OT Kansas State
The Texans cant take any chances of not getting a top tackle.
19. Tennessee Titans - Christian Wilkins DT Clemson
The Titans need help on the defensive line is this is perfect for them.
20. Pittsburgh Steelers - Devin Bush LB Michigan
The Steelers really could use a LB and Bush is one of the two best.
The Seahawks need to replace Frank Clark but only have 6 draft picks after the Frank Clark trade. Meanwhile the Patriots have 12. They make a move up from #32.
The New England Patriots trade #32 and #73 to the Seahawks for #21.
21. New England Patriots - DK Metcalf WR Ole Miss
The Patriots jump up to grab the athletic freak in Metcalf. They did sign Demaryius Thomas and Josh Gordon may or may not have his indefinite suspension lifted. Either way they cannot count on either one of these two.
22. Baltimore Ravens - Marquise Brown WR Oklahoma
The Ravens are a little ticked that the Patriots jumped ahead of them to get Metcalf but Brown is a not bad. They need to give Jackson someone to throw to.
Finally the Vikings are up and the wailing and gnashing of the teeth can subside. The offensive line crowd is about to blow a gasket. And in this mock they will. The Vikings likely will move on from Everson Griffen next year so replacing him will be huge. Pass rushers are getting paid big big big money now so free agency will NOT be an option. They need to get someone cheap and it just so happens that someone is available.
23. Minnesota Vikings - Montez Sweat DE Mississippi State
Sweat drops due to concerns about his heart. He managed to play at Mississippi State so it should be OK. At least I am hoping. It was either Sweat or Simmons. I love Simmons but the Vikings might get a tackle later and Simmons will miss a lot of time this year.
24. Oakland Raiders - Josh Jacobs RB Alabama
The Raiders did sign Isaiah Crowell but need someone else and have been quite interested in Jacobs.
25. Philadelphia Eagles - Greg Little OT Ole Miss
Jason Peters is 37 years old. Enough said.
26. Indianapolis Colts - Byron Murphy CB
The Colts need a corner that can play zone and Murphy is the best this year.
27. Arizona Cardinals - N’Keal Harry WR Arizona State
The Cardinals needs more weapons. Period.
28. Los Angeles Chargers - Greedy Williams CB LSU
The Chargers need someone opposite Casey Hayward
29. Seattle Seahawks - Rashan Gary DE Michigan
The Seahawks miss out on Sweat but still get Gary to replace Frank Clark.
30. Green Bay Packers - Mack Wilson LB Alabama
Packers need a LB and Wilson fits the need.
31. Los Angeles Rams - Chris Lindstrom OG Boston College
The Rams need help all over the offensive line.
32. Seattle Seahawks - Chauncey Gardner-Johnson S Florida
The Seahawks could use more help at safety.
Rest of the Vikings draft ...
50. Elgton Jenkins OC/OG Mississippi State
81. Khalen Saunders DT Western Illinois
86. Miles Boykin WR Notre Dame
120. Marquise Blair FS Utah
190. Iman Lewis-Marshall CB USC
209. Phil Haynes OG Wake Forest
250. Cody Barton LB Utah
File this under never gonna happen but it is just a wild guess at the first round.