In the 2019 NFL Draft, the Minnesota Vikings drafted more players than they had in any other draft since the league’s annual selection meeting went to seven rounds in 1994. There are twelve young men out there today that can, officially, call themselves members of the Vikings, which gives the purple the largest draft class in the National Football League for 2019.
Here is the complete list of Minnesota Vikings’ draftees for 2019, ladies and gentlemen. I think it’s a pretty damn fine draft by Rick Spielman and company, but your mileage may vary.
- Round 1, Pick #18 (#18 overall) - Garrett Bradbury, C, North Carolina State
- Round 2, Pick #18 (#50 overall) - Irv Smith, Jr., TE, Alabama
- Round 3, Pick #38 (#102 overall, from Baltimore Ravens) - Alexander Mattison, RB, Boise State
- Round 4, Pick #12 (#114 overall, from Green Bay Packers via Seattle Seahawks) - Dru Samia, G, Oklahoma
- Round 5, Pick #24 (#162 overall, from New England Patriots) - Cameron Smith, LB, Southern California
- Round 6, Pick #17 (#190 overall) - Armon Watts, DT, Arkansas
- Round 6, Pick #18 (#191 overall, from Tennessee Titans via Baltimore Ravens) - Marcus Epps, DB, Wyoming
- Round 6, Pick #20 (#193 overall, from Baltimore Ravens) - Oli Udoh, OT, Elon
- Round 7, Pick #3 (#217 overall, from New York Jets) - Kris Boyd, CB, Texas
- Round 7, Pick #25 (#239 overall, from Philadelphia Eagles via New England Patriots) - Dillon Mitchell, WR, Oregon
- Round 7, Pick #33 (#247 overall) - Olabisi Johnson, WR, Colorado State
- Round 7, Pick #36 (#250 overall) - Austin Cutting, LS, Air Force
We’ll have plenty more about this draft class and any notable undrafted free agents over the course of the next few days, ladies and gentlemen.
I want to thank everyone, once again, for getting your draft news and information for all three days of this year’s draft right here at The Daily Norseman. We’re one of the most visited sites in the entire SB Nation network today, and it’s all because you folks trust us to give you accurate information as quickly as we can give it to you. We truly appreciate all of you coming here over the past few days, and every other day whether it’s part of your daily routine or not.