WEEKEND WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO YEAH!!
Greetings and salutations, fellow Vikings fans! Yes, with Rob out of town. . .or whatever it is he’s doing. . .for the weekend, yours truly has volunteered to make a rare cameo appearance with the weekend Open Thread. This probably won’t take long, since there really hasn’t been a heck of a lot to write about now that we’re in the dullest and most awful part of the offseason, but we’ll make do.
Around the DN since the last Open Thread:
The Vikings were, apparently, talking with tight end Kyle Rudolph about a contract extension. Then, yesterday, they stopped. We’re going to have to see how this one goes.
The Vikings will be hosting the first annual(?) Summer Skolstice at TCO Stadium next month. You can find out all the information at the link there.
Vikings news from other places:
SKOR North talks about how potentially trading Rudolph could be a bit of a risky proposition.
Since the Rudolph news was pretty much all that happened on Friday, and we don’t want to post a dozen links to different TAEKS, we’ll just leave it at that.
Adam Rank of NFL.com lists one player to cheer for on each team in 2019.
Kevin Seifert of ESPN takes a look at some of the potential pitfalls of the new rule that allows pass interference to be reviewed.
Cody Benjamin has predictions for where the 10 best remaining NFL free agents are going to land. (Spoiler: None of them are tabbed for Minnesota. . .and he’s already wrong on one of them.)
Today’s media selection:
In honor of Summer Skolstice headliner Rick Springfield, let’s go this direction, shall we?
Again, we all know the rules, but in case someone is new:
- No discussion of politics or religion
- No feeding of the trolls
- This isn’t a male version of The View, so leave the gender hatred at the door
- Keep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags, if you must)
- Speaking of which, if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tags
- No pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employer
- If you can’t disagree in a civil manner, feel free to go away
- While navigating the open thread, just assume it’s sarcasm
With that, the beer light is on and the bar is open. Belly up & tie one on. I recommend the Turf & Turf, and please do enjoy your weekend.