Merry Wednesday, everyone!
Hey, cheer up, we’re already half-way to the weekend. In case anyone was concerned, I did manage to buy Mrs. Fishin’ an anniversary gift yesterday. I even bought it early, I think it was around 1:00, so I had nearly 4 hours to spare. I know it isn’t necessary to shop early, but sometimes it’s nice to get a ‘to-do’ out of the way, have it off your plate, & forget about it. I might try shopping early next year again, it was refreshing.
Around the DN since our last open thread:
Our friends at Addicted to Quack (awesome name for a site, I love it!) have a scouting report on Vikings WR Dillon Mitchell.
The team inked Garrett Bradbury to his rookie deal, per Chris.
Who will it be? Jonah breaks down the battle for the Vikings QB2 spot.
The team got some of that red ink to turn to black, thanks to a restructuring of Eric Kendricks’ contract.
Wludford gives you an in-depth analysis of Olisaemaka (Oli) Udoh. No, I didn’t sneeze, that’s the guy’s name. He was drafted by the Vikings in the 6th round.
Other Vikings/NFL news, other sports news, and random oddities and annoyances:
Also from ESPN, Seahawks DE Dion Jordan has been suspended for 10 games for using Adderall.
We come to today’s media selection:
On the very slim chance that someone didn’t get the reference above.
Again, we all know the rules, but in case someone is new:
- No discussion of politics or religion
- No feeding of the trolls
- This isn’t a male version of The View, so leave the gender hatred at the door
- Keep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags, if you must)
- Speaking of which, if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tags
- No pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employer
- If you can’t disagree in a civil manner, feel free to go away
- While navigating the open thread, just assume it’s sarcasm
With that, the beer light is on and the bar is open. Belly up and tie one on. Don’t forget to tip your waitress, and try the camel. It’s a filter less.