Good Morning, ladies and gentlemen!
Since I didn’t see an Open Thread ready to go for this morning, I’ll go ahead and put this one together. Today is a day off for most folks in the States, and while you’re just relaxing or spending a day with family and friends or whatever the case may be, I hope that you take a moment to think about what today signifies. I know that I certainly will be.
This is going to be a bit of an abbreviated Open Thread, so let’s get to it.
Here at DN over the weekend
Apparently tight end David Morgan wants to be a model or something. We can help get him there.
We’ve got a new episode of Climbing the Pocket for your listening pleasure.
Who should be the next member of the Vikings to go into the team’s Ring of Honor?
Around the NFC North
The big story among NFC North teams from the weekend was the passing of legendary Green Bay Packers quarterback Bart Starr, who passed on Sunday at the age of 85. Our friends at Acme Packing Company have everything on that front for you.
Today’s media selection
Again, we all know the rules, but in case someone is new
- No discussion of politics or religion
- No feeding of the trolls
- This isn’t a male version of The View, so leave the gender hatred at the door
- Keep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags, if you must)
- Speaking of which, if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tags
- No pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employer
- If you can’t disagree in a civil manner, feel free to go away
- While navigating the open thread, just assume it’s sarcasm.
With that, the beer light is on and the bar is open. Belly up & tie one on. The grill is going to be running all day long, and be careful with those lawn darts. Other than that, welcome aboard!