After drafting twelve players last week. . .man, has it already been a week since the draft. . .and signing ten undrafted free agents after that, the Minnesota Vikings had 89 of the spots on their 90-man roster accounted for going into their rookie mini-camp and tryout camp this weekend.
And boy, are there a lot of guys interested in that one spot.
The Vikings have released the roster for this weekend’s tryouts, and it features a whopping 37 players. Given that the Vikings have generally signed at least one person from the tryout camp to a spot on the roster. . .Adam Thielen, Marcus Sherels, and C.J. Ham have made the team that way in past years. . .the competition will undoubtedly be pretty fierce.
Here is the full list of players that are in Eagan this weekend for a tryout.
- Terrance Alexander, CB, Louisiana State
- Anthony Anderson, RB, Marshall
- Ka’John Armstrong, OT, Eastern Michigan
- Blake Banham, WR, Eastern Michigan
- Jeremiah Booker, WR, Kansas
- Stephen Bowers, LB, Peru State
- Kyle Buss, WR, Connecticut
- Cole Conrad, G, Nebraska
- Mar’Sean Diggs, S, Alabama-Birmingham
- Bryce Douglas, DT, Northern Iowa
- Damon Gibson, TE, Minnesota State-Moorhead
- Kyle Groeneweg, WR, Iowa
- Chase Hancock, LB, Marshall
- Tank Harris, DT, North Dakota
- Bug Howard, TE, North Carolina
- Landon Jones, WR, Bemidji State
- Stacy Keely, DE, Alabama-Birmingham
- Kyle Kilgore, DE, Bethel
- Donald Liotine, RB, Stony Brook
- Austin MacGinnis, K, Kentucky
- Damien Mama, G, Southern California
- Sean McGuire, QB, Western Illinois
- Warren Messer, LB, Elon
- Jonathan Mixon, FB, Southern Illinois
- Rickey Neal, LB, Northern Iowa
- Gunner Olszewski, CB, Bemidji State
- David Pindell, QB, Connecticut
- Tiano Pupungatoa, G, South Dakota State
- Milan Richard, TE, Clemson
- John Santiago, RB, North Dakota
- Jonas Schenderlein, K, Concordia-St. Paul
- Shane Tripucka, P, Texas A&M
- John Vogeler, S, Bemidji State
- Terron Ward, RB, Arizona State
- Isaiah Wharton, CB, Rutgers
- Brian Williams, CB, Davenport
- Jamarkese Williams, CB, Incarnate Word
There are a couple of former AAF guys on the list. Terron Ward was last seen in the AAF with Salt Lake, Bug Howard played for Atlanta, and Damien Mama was a starter at guard for San Diego. For the most part, however, it’s just younger players looking for an opportunity.
Like we said, the Vikings will likely sign one of those players listed above to fill the last spot on the 90-man roster, so we’ll keep an eye out for who that might be.