Merry Monday, everyone!
We’re fired up and ready for the brand new, exciting work week that is waiting to greet us, let’s get it started.
Around the DN since our last open thread:
The Vikings may still be interested in Ryan Schraeder, wludford fills us in.
Wludford also has a projection on the Vikings 53-man roster. I’ll go out on a limb here, and venture a guess that it will have 53 men on it.
Chris looked at whether Jeff Badet may be in the Vikings’ plans for 2019.
The Vikings inked two more of their draft picks to deals.
Other Vikings/NFL news, other sports news, and occasional random oddities:
From WJCL in Savannah GA, Kirk Cousins spoke at a local church, and took some time after the service to talk with some of the athletes and coaches.
The NFL and NFLPA released testing results from an annual study testing the performance of NFL helmets. I don’t know, don’t the helmets just sit on the players’ heads the whole game? Unless they become dislodged, I suppose, but then they usually just fall to the ground. It doesn’t seem like they do much performing, but I’m not an expert in such things.
We come to today’s media selection:
A little more southern rock for you, here’s The Marshall Tucker Band, enjoy!
Again, we all know the rules, but in case someone is new:
- No discussion of politics or religion
- No feeding of the trolls
- This isn’t a male version of The View, so leave the gender hatred at the door
- Keep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags, if you must)
- Speaking of which, if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tags
- No pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employer
- If you can’t disagree in a civil manner, feel free to go away
- While navigating the open thread, just assume it’s sarcasm
With that, the beer light is on and the bar is open. Belly up and tie one on. Don’t forget to tip your waitress, and try the chicken, it tastes like chicken.