Merry Tuesday, everyone!
We’re in another slow period for NFL news, so we’ll have to break out the crock pot recipes, beer arguments, and nap strategies for 3 year-old youngens. Who wants to go first?
Around the DN since our last open thread:
The artistformerlyknownasfil put up a fanpost where all you Game of Thrones fans can discuss the latest and greatest. (there are discussions about Game of Thrones there, so if you don’t want anyone to spoil the last episode for you, you probably don’t want to go there right now).
The Vikings must have liked what they saw from former Rutgers CB Isaiah Wharton, they signed him following a tryout camp, from Chris.
Other Vikings/NFL news, other sports news, and occasional oddities and annoyances:
For Giants fans upset about their team’s selection of Daniel Jones with the sixth overall pick, this story from The Sporting News will help. Other teams were also interested in Daniel Jones. Yeah, they wanted him to try out as a tight end. What, that didn’t help? You guys are hard to please.
From ESPN, WR Martavis Bryant stated that he plans to apply for reinstatement in the next few weeks. Bryant has been suspended several times for violating the league’s substance abuse policy, and has made, in my opinion, valid arguments regarding the policies that the league has in place.
We come to today’s media selection:
Hey, we haven’t watched a drunk people video in a while, and I found one I haven’t seen! WooHoo! Man, I’m sure glad they didn’t have cameras everywhere when I was young like they do now. Enjoy!
Again, we all know the rules, but in case someone is new:
- No discussion of politics or religion
- No feeding of the trolls
- This isn’t a male version of The View, so leave the gender hatred at the door
- Keep the bad language to a minimum (using the spoiler tags, if you must)
- Speaking of which, if discussing a newer show or movie, please use spoiler tags
- No pictures that could get someone fired or in serious trouble with their employer
- If you can’t disagree in a civil manner, feel free to go away
- While navigating the open thread, just assume it’s sarcasm
With that, the beer light is on and the bar is open. Belly up and tie one on. Don’t forget to tip your waitress, and try the chicken, it tastes like.............uffda. Nevermind, don’t try the chicken. Anyone have a tic-tac?