Next month, we’ll finally have Minnesota Vikings football back in our lives. And now that the team has officially announced dates for Training Camp, we know exactly when it will be back.
First, some key dates:
- Monday, June 24: Season ticket holders receive priority access to reserve tickets to camp at 10:00 AM CT. General admission tickets are free; reserved seats start at $15 each. [My personal opinion on the reserved seats: the GA tickets are just fine. The reserved seats don’t get that much shade anyway.]
- Wednesday, June 26: The general public gets access to reserve tickets at 10:00 AM CT.
- Friday, July 26: First full-team practice
- Monday, July 29: First padded practice
- Saturday, August 3: Night practice at TCO Stadium (GA seating only; no reserved seats)
- Friday, August 16: Final open practice of Training Camp
In all, there will be a total of 16 practices open to the public this year. More details from the Vikings’ press release:
Daily fan attendance will once again be capped at 5,000. Up to 4,000 free daily tickets (seating and standing room) are available but must be reserved in advance. Fans can reserve up to four (4) free general admission tickets per day for a max of two (2) days of camp. Reserved seats are available to purchase starting at $15. Season Ticket Members will receive priority access to reserve tickets beginning at 10:00 a.m. on Monday, June 24, while access for the general public will begin at 10:00 a.m. on Wednesday, June 26.
The full schedule for camp is below.
Minnesota Vikings 2019 Training Camp Schedule
|Friday 7/26||2:00 - 4:25 PM|
|Saturday 7/27||2:00 - 4:25 PM|
|Sunday 7/28||2:00 - 4:25 PM|
|Monday 7/29||2:00 - 4:25 PM|
|Wednesday 7/31||2:00 - 4:25 PM|
|Thursday 8/1||2:00 - 4:25 PM|
|Friday 8/2||2:00 - 4:25 PM|
|Saturday 8/3||7:15 - 9:30 PM|
|Monday 8/5||2:00 - 4:25 PM|
|Tuesday 8/6||2:00 - 4:25 PM|
|Wednesday 8/7||2:00 - 4:25 PM|
|Thursday 8/8||Off (Travel)|
|Friday 8/9||Vikings at Saints 7:00 PM|
|Sunday 8/11||2:00 - 4:25 PM|
|Monday 8/12||2:00 - 4:25 PM|
|Tuesday 8/13||2:00 - 4:25 PM|
|Thursday 8/15||2:00 - 4:25 PM|
|Friday 8/16||2:00 - 4:25 PM|
There are some new notable changes and features for this year’s Training Camp:
- Only fans 18 and under can get autographs after practice, capped at first 150 children. Vikings Legends will have separate autograph sessions open to everyone throughout camp. [This is my favorite change; autographs should be for kids and for kids only. There are plenty of other events throughout the year if you’re a grownup that really wants to get something signed.]
- Each day, a select group of children will be chosen for the “Helmet Hike,” where the children carry players’ helmets from the locker room to the practice field and get a photo with the player.
- There’s a new Vikings House/Vikings Arcade, which will be an air conditioned space that will have video games, food, and beverages.
- There are daily fan giveaways where the team will select fans to receive autographed items and team merchandise throughout camp.
Start making your plans now! The wait is almost over!
All information about Training Camp, including the full schedule, concessions, prohibited items/security, and how to go about getting tickets, can be found at https://www.vikings.com/schedule/vikings-events/training-camp/.