The rookies reported yesterday to the Minnesota Vikings training camp, and the veterans will on Thursday, so in this run-up to real football practice, Ed and Mike discuss the final part of the off-season review: the defense and special teams.
Here’s what you can expect in today’s show:
- Defensive slide?
- Andrew Sendejo left to Philadelphia in FA.
- Anthony Barr returns, at a cost we likely weren’t anticipating.
- Anthony Harris at safety *should* be an upgrade over ‘Dejo.
- Questions remain at DB.
- Is Xavier Rhodes on the decline?
- Can Trae Waynes take another step?
- Can Mack Alexander stay improved enough to warrant a second contract?
- How does Mike Hughes respond post injury?
- Where does Jayron Kearse fit into all this?
- Good news - Mike Zimmer and company are very adept at DB development.
- Special teams.
- Total wildcard.
- Marcus Sherels gone - Who’s returner?
- Dan Bailey back on low deal - Does he take the job?
- New special teams coordinator Marwan Maalouf, do we improve with him?
- Kicking Coach Nate Kaeding, what do we gain?
- Potentially new long snapper?
- Feel like we’ll lose at least one game on Special teams due to changes.
- What are we looking for in camp?
- Right Guard competition.
- Kicking Competition.
- WR3/4 Competition.
Host Ed along with Mike talk about all things Vikings football. From rumors to breakdowns and projections, and share their thoughts about our boys in purple. They were overwhelmed by how much of a great response they got with their first episodes of the SKOLdiers Podcast here at the Daily Norseman. They want to thank you and hope you enjoy today’s listen. SKOL!
You can follow Ed and Mike on the Twitter machine daily at @nemock7 and @muskie_mike respectfully.
BREAKING NEWS!!! The Daily Norseman and the Climbing The Pocket Network are joining forces to create a one-stop-shop for Vikings podcasts delivered to your eardrums daily. This collection of shows promises to deliver the top independent voices covering the Vikings from every angle.