BREAKING NEWS!!! The Daily Norseman and the Climbing The Pocket Network are joining forces to create a one-stop shop for Vikings podcasts delivered to your eardrums daily. This collection of shows promises to deliver the top independent voices covering the Vikings from every angle.
- Click here for iTunes
- Click here for Stitcher
- Click here for iHeartRADIO
- Click here for YouTube
- Click here for Google Play Music
In this episode:
John Verros, Injury Coordinator at Sports Information Solutions, joins Jayson Brown to discuss Dalvin Cook’s injury history, Stefon Diggs’ chance to play a full season, when we should see Mike Hughes on the field, and more.
Who is John Verros?
- Injury coordinator at Sports Information Solutions
- Masters in Kinesiology from the University of Michigan
- Former Clinical Rehab Specialist in the University of Indiana Hospital system
What is an Injury Coordinator?
- Collects injury data from every MLB, NCAA, and NFL game
- Review every injury using video - “over 95% accuracy rate from the initial diagnosis”
- Manage injury database
Is turf more dangerous than grass?
- Increase in injuries per snap on turf vs grass
- Newly installed turf at US Bank Stadium could improve injury outcomes
Is “injury prone” a real thing?
- Yes injury prone is real.
- Bad luck is also a thing.
Common Causes of Hamstring Injuries
- Strength imbalance between right and left leg
- Strength imbalance between the quadriceps and hamstrings (Nordic Hamstring Curl)
- Strength deficiency in the smaller glute muscles
- Torn ACL in his left knee via hyperextension vs the Cardinals
- Typical recovery is 9-10 months post-surgery (update)
Hercules Mata’afa / David Morgan
- Interested to see how the added weight affects Hercules Mata’afa
- #SPARQGAWD will be ready to go by the start of the season!
Follow John Verros here.
Follow Sports Information Solutions here.
NEW POD ALERT: CTP Fantasy Pod featuring Myles and Flip is on deck!