If you’re going to be heading to U.S. Bank Stadium tomorrow to take in the All-Important Third Preseason Game™ between the Arizona Cardinals and your Minnesota Vikings, the team wants you to know that there are some traffic issues around the best stadium in the league that could add extra time to your trip.
According to the team’s official website, the following roads that usually provide direct access to I-35W will be closed off:
- 3rd Street Contraflow to I-35W South
- 4th Street to I-35W South
- Washington Avenue to I-35W South
The ramp to I-35W on 4th Avenue is also closed, which means that fans will have to find a different route south to leave downtown. The suggested routes from the website are:
- 4th Street (will reopen following the game at approximately 4:00 p.m.) or Washington Avenue to Cedar Avenue to Riverside Avenue to I-94 West.
- 3rd Street or Washington Avenue to 394 West
Fans can also go to www.511mn.org to find a route.
Some other roads that will be closed are the following:
- I-35W South to I-94 West
- I-35W South to Highway 55 East
- I-35W South to 11th Avenue
We want to make sure that everyone that’s heading to tomorrow’s game is able to get to and from U.S. Bank Stadium safely and in a timely manner. So, if you’re going to be there, you might want to allot yourself a little more time than you usually might.
Enjoy the game if you’re going to be in attendance. . .and, if you’re not, we hope that you’ll join us here for all the action!