Mike and Ed break down the preseason game 3 win versus the Arizona Cardinals, a.k.a. the dress rehearsal.
Minnesota Vikings beat the Arizona Cardinals 20-9, but first a quick recap around the league:
- Andrew Luck retires at 29, and the colts allow him to keep bonus money.
- Lamar Miller goes down for the season with an ACL injury.
- Oakland Raiders and Green Bay Packers preseason game reduced to 80-yard field because of safety concerns.
- The Vikings somehow unsuccessfully challenged a fumble (stadium angle was perfect).
- Off game for the offense in general, flow seemed to lack.
- Olabisi Johnson is looking like the WR3 of the roster, and a lock on the 53.
- Pass protection continued to struggle, but maybe not all the line’s fault.
- Mike Boone continues to string nice games together, what does it mean for the final 53?
- Kyle Sloter has another nice outing, is he QB2?
- Xavier Rhodes looked poor in the snaps he saw, is it overreacting to be concerned?
- Jayron Kearse and Mackenzie Alexander have several splash plays... again.
- Mike Hughes still waiting in the wings, does he get PUPed?
What the heck is going on with the kicking?
- Saturday revealed little in the way of clarity on the situation.
BREAKING NEWS!!! The Daily Norseman and the Climbing The Pocket Network are joining forces to create a one-stop-shop for Vikings podcasts delivered to your eardrums daily. This collection of shows promises to deliver the top independent voices covering the Vikings from every angle.